- Eat, drink, and sleep properly. All of these things work together to keep a brain functioning at its best.
- When you’re stuck get active! Exercise pumps blood through the brain, allowing thoughts to jump around until a solution comes up. Even a mile walk with a dog can greatly benefit the brain and help get creative juices flowing.
- Schedule time to write. So many different websites and authors mention this because it’s a great idea. Scheduling time to write, and then make sure to write something during that time.
- Watch, read, and do new things. One of the best sources of inspiration is finding something new and really cool.
- Experiment. Try a new writing style, view point, or tense. Each of these is a tool and knowing more about how useful the tool is, and what the best time is to use it, is a great way to improve your confidence.
Bonus - Have fun! Writing is about creating something that you enjoy. Take a minute to enjoy it!